Pierce was the second station in Weld County on the Denver Pacific Railroad in 1869 and had a section house,water tank and siding. it was named after General John Pierce who was the surveyor general for Colorado Territory who later became the 4th President of the D.P.R.R
Pierce was was established in 1903 when the post office opened and platted in 1906 and in 1907. The town was incorporated in 1918 with a clause in all land deeds that prohibited the manufacture or sale of intoxicants in the town under penalty of forfeiture of title to all property. As a railroad stop, it became a local shipping point for cattle, sheep, potatoes, beans, and sugar beets.
Today Pierce is a rural agricultural community along U.S Highway 85 north of Greeley.
Search Pierce Homes for Sale
Information Source: Information and Real Estate Services, LLC. Provided for limited non-commercial use only under IRES Rules. © Copyright IRES. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed by the MLS.
Accessibility: ColoProperty.com® is conducting periodic site audits in order to identify potential accessibility issues and is implementing changes to improve accessibility. For more information, contact ColoProperty.com®.